Monday, August 3, 2015

Sziasztok! Hello Everyone!


I want to start out this blog by thanking everyone who has helped me get this far.

*Fade in: I stand on the stage, clutching the academy award.*

 I want to thank everyone who helped me with this enormous project. I want to thank my family who supported this decision from the very start. I want to thank Melissa Mears, the current Rotary District Chair for answering all of my questions and I want to thank the Salinas Rotary for sponsoring me and really letting this dream become a reality. I also want to-

*Music starts playing, cutting me off. Ushers help me off the stage*

Now that I’ve said my thanks, I think it’s time to answer a few questions.

Q: Where are you from?
A: I am from the California Central Coast Rotary district 5230.
Q: Where are you going?
A: I am going to Szekszárd, Hungary – district 1911. Szekszárd is about an hour and a half drive south-west of the capital, Budapest.
Q: When do you leave?
A: I leave for Hungary on August 21st.
Q: How long will you be gone?
A: Probably 10 months. Whenever school gets out.
Q: Will you be going to school?
A: Yep. I’ve graduated from high school in America so I’m taking a gap year before college and going to high school in Hungary.
Q: Who will you be living with?
A: I will be living with host families in my city. There will probably be three different families.
Q: How did you learn about Rotary Youth Exchange?
A: My dad is in Rotary and he always told us about the exchange students that came to his club. Then I met some exchange students and I knew I had to be a part of it.
Q: What is your background? It’s so pretty.
A: It is, isn’t it? That’s the Hungarian Parliament building in the capital, Budapest.

Thanks to everyone who read this first post. Comments are encouraged!

-Alina

No comments:

Post a Comment